eCommerce website builders are considered software programs for building, hosting and managing online stores. Primarily online-based, they offer access to website templates, image galleries, shopping carts, the ability to accept credit card payments, and so much more. These website builders make it easy for anyone to get started selling online quickly.
Best eCommerce Website Builders – Quick List
What’s Needed to Build a Successful eCommerce Website?
Above all, and before getting into our list, it’s good to consider what the elements of a successful eCommerce store should have.
E-commerce website builders possess many advantages for online store newbies as they provide the fastest and easiest way of selling products online along with all the necessary tools. An eCommerce website’s success depends on a few essential things such as:
- Product Quality
- The identity of the brand
- Shipping costs
- Return Policies
- User-friendly website features
- The simple and easy shopping experience
- Good reviews
- Exceptional customer service.
Before starting any website-building venture, make sure to list out the features you prefer such as adding a blog, photo gallery, SEO assistance, no limit to product listings, easy shopping cart, themes and templates that are responsive, etc.
With plenty of choices available in the website builder market, I have come up with the best website builders for online store (e-commerce) newbies.
8 Best eCommerce Website Builders
Additionally, you can easily make all kinds of updates on your own, like adding new products, managing your orders efficiently, setting payment options, and more.
Also, WIX offers a free domain name and almost 1,000 pre-made templates for every type of online store without any additional transaction fees.
Wix Pricing Plans:
- Free Trial: Yes
- Personal: $16 Monthly
- Business Unlimited: $22 Monthly
- Business Pro: $27 Monthly
- Business VIP: $45 Monthly
Following are some important features available on Wix:
- Drag and Drop building tool
- Ease of time and use and packed with striking tools and features
- Dedicated 24/7 to help
- Optimized for your mobile users and SEO friendly
- You can add blog features to your eCommerce website
- Attractive design features like video backgrounds, animations, stock images, and scroll effects
- A vast range of products you can integrate with the website
- $300 in advertising vouchers
- Supports multiple payment methods
Webflow is an excellent choice for both startup businesses, and for established e-commerce businesses. The platform is easy for beginners to use, but also offers advanced features for developers who want to add some code. This e-commerce site builder provides everyone the opportunity to build an amazing website. Webflow currently hosts over 100,000 websites in the US.
Additionally, Webflow provides valuable training and support that is provided by expert developers and designers.
Pricing Plans of Webflow:
- Free Trial: Yes
- Standard: $29 Monthly
- Plus: $74 Monthly
- Advanced: $212 Monthly
Important features available on Webflow:
- The user-friendly drag-and-drop editor
- Fully customizable without any code
- Built animations
- Payment support for credit cards, PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Stripe
- A great selection of templates and themes.
- Both free and premium e-commerce website templates
- Automated order tracking options
- Advanced SEO controls
- 24/7 hosting monitoring & SSL certificates
- Tier 1 Content Delivery Network, Amazon Cloudfront, and Fastly to give the fastest hosting on the internet
- Immediate scaling
Certainly one of the most well-known eCommerce building platforms is Shopify. With excellent customer support and e-commerce tools and resources, their feature-rich platform is very easy for beginners and makes your site-building process very smooth. I should know because I’ve used it for many years prior to running this blog.
In fact, Shopify is one of the most powerful eCommerce builders on the market today with over 1,000,000 businesses running on the platform. Most likely because of its dependability and countless features in 175 countries.
Of course, to save you time and money, it’s recommended to use the provided templates and themes. Finally, every Shopify plan comes with all the essential features you need to kickstart your website.
Pricing Plans of Shopify:
- Free Trial: Yes
- Basic Shopify: $29 Monthly
- Shopify: $79 Monthly
- Advanced Shopify: $299 Monthly
The following are Important features available on Shopify:
- Drag and drop store builder
- 100 + Professional eCommerce-specific website templates with stock images
- 24/7 customer support (phone, email, and live chat)
- Easy Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Features
- Shopify Forum and Apps
- Provide Shipping discounts and gift cards
- A great choice because of Unlimited Web Hosting & Bandwidth
- Supports multiple sales channels (point-of-sale, social media, online marketplaces, etc.)
- Also, you can even try Shopify for free for 14 days.
Weebly is famous for its affordability among other eCommerce builders and they power over 50 million websites worldwide. Their eCommerce builder plans are much cheaper, and it comes with a free forever plan.
Comparatively providing a powerful search feature, Weebly websites provide customers the ability to search and filter for products of their choice very easily. The themes are simple, stylish, and mobile responsive, and you can even switch between them with no hassle.
However, the Weebly site builder is geared towards non-developers and designers with the entire process of website design being very simple and beginner-friendly. With this in mind, there are simple steps to register an account and you can be building your e-commerce store in 3 minutes or less.
Pricing Plans of Weebly:
- Free Trial: Yes
- Personal: $6 Monthly
- Professional: $12 Monthly
- Performance: $26 Monthly
The following are Essential features available at Weebly:
- A simple drag-and-drop site builder
- Minimal effort and comes with a built-in coding editor
- 24/7 customer support
- SEO friendly design
- Easy shipping and inventory management
- You can create custom coupons and offer digital gift cards
- Built-in shopping cart with unlimited products and in-store or delivery options at checkout
- A good choice for personal portfolios because of its simple, stylish themes
In the same way as Wix, Squarespace offers a complete package and convenient eCommerce website builder for creative persons, artists, and designers, as it offers attractive design templates.
They have options for selling products, services, subscriptions, or digital goods. At the present time, all their subscriptions have built-in eCommerce functionality except for the personal plan.
With the Advanced eCommerce plan, you get a feature to sell memberships and subscriptions. Furthermore, with the help of social media integrations, you can convey your brand story and sell products quickly.
Pricing Plans of Squarespace:
- Business – $18 Monthly
- Basic eCommerce – $26 Monthly
- Advanced E-commerce – $40 Monthly
Important features available on Squarespace:
- 100% drag-and-drop feature
- 24/7 customer support
- Built-in SEO tools, blogging tools, analytics
- Award-winning options for designer templates
- Ability to create discounts, built-in tax tools,
- Gift cards
- Excellent mobile inventory and store management, and in-person payments
- Abandoned cart recovery tools
- Secured checkout process from any device
- You can manage and edit your website with Squarespace mobile app
Elementor – For WordPress
Made for the WordPress.org platform only, Elementor has been getting popular recently as an eCommerce website builder. Shortly after getting started you can easily create your page layouts and content from scratch with a wide variety of ready-to-use templates and page designs.
Therefore, Elementor offers more advanced functionalities with unique features to create a well-planned website on WordPress. You can create unique pages using a visual editor, build websites quickly and control the design in one place.
Certainly, with Elementor you can personalize your store your way. You can add any content to your eCommerce business, start with designer-made, fully responsive templates, and stay on brand with full customization options.
Elementors’ ever-growing list of eCommerce widgets allows you to realize your store’s vision quickly.
Pricing Plans of Elementor:
- Elementor Pro Plugin: $49 / Year
- Hosted Elementor Website: $89 / Year
- Essential for 1 website: $49 / Year
- Expert for 25 websites: $199 / Year
- Studio for 100 websites: $499 / Year
- Agency for 1000 websites: $999 / Year
Important features available on Elementor:
- Drag-and-drop live editor
- It comes with two version options, free and pro
- 90 plus basic and pro widgets
- 300 plus basic and pro templates, which are fully customizable and ready to use
- 30 days money-back guarantee
- SSL secured payment
- Premium customer support
- Accepts all major credit cards and PayPal
- Responsive designs for mobile and on your desktop
Zyro is known as one of the most straightforward eCommerce website builders. The editor is very easy to use and typically takes less than an hour for most people to develop a simple website.
Also, you can choose from 100 plus ready-made eCommerce website designs or add a new store to an existing site. Their eCommerce platform lets you easily add and manage products.
Another key feature of Zyro is the ability to sell via your website, social media, and marketplaces like Amazon. Additionally, you can reach more customers with built-in Facebook and Google marketing tools. You can manage inventory, orders, Pricing, and more from a single dashboard.
Pricing Plans of Zyro:
- Website — from $2.61 per month
- Business —from $4.41 per month
- Online Store — from $8.01 per month
- Advanced Store —from $14.31 per month
Important features available on Zyro:
- Drag and Drop tools
- Powerful AI business tools
- SEO friendly
- Deep marketing, tracking, and targeting capabilities
- Full-fledged inventory and order management
- Accepts payments of all types, from Stripe, PayPal, and traditional credit cards
- You can promote and sell your products across Instagram, Facebook, and Amazon.
- Built-in marketing tools
- You can manage your store on the mobile app as well
- The advanced customer service team
Lastly, Shift4Shop is known as a limitless eCommerce website builder with complete controls, delivering everything needed to create a truly remarkable online shopping experience as it is developer-friendly.
Additionally, the builder offers a free enterprise-grade plan that includes all the features and tools you would expect from an enterprise-level eCommerce website builder. Their plan includes unlimited product uploads, site users, and bandwidth, along with SEO marketing tools and over 100 themes to choose from. They have no limit regarding the number of products you can upload.
Shift4shop is a good choice for seasonal businesses.
Pricing Plans of Shift4Shop:
- Free Trial: Yes
- Transaction fees 2.9% + $0.30
- Basic: $29 Monthly
- Plus: $79 Monthly
- Pro: $299 Monthly
Important features available on Shift4Shop (Formerly known as 3DCart):
- Drag-and-drop building tools
- Advantage of many in-built features
- SEO friendly
- Unlimited products
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Mobile-ready 50 plus free themes
- Enhanced security levels
- FTP access, fully integrated experience with rest APIs
- Fully functional built-in CRM
- Supports subscriptions, tickets, events, and print-on-demand sales
8 Best Ecommerce Website Builders Summary
So in summary, for building eCommerce websites, you have to ensure that you get everything right starting from website design, SEO design, product listing, the payment gateway plus shipping and refunds.
It is easy to create basic websites using the popular CMS (content management system) such as WordPress.org. However, it’s not that easy to create online shops.
In conclusion, I hope you found this list of the best e-commerce website builders helpful and please let us know in the comments below which option you have selected.