By choosing a reputable, well-seasoned WordPress hosting provider for your WordPress websites, you can enjoy multiple advantages that include high security, enhanced speed, guaranteed uptime, superior WordPress support, and much more.
Out of all the specific WordPress hosting companies out there on the web, many of them claim that they are the “best” with the best features and competitive pricing.
And so, for individuals, small business owners, and agencies, making the smart choice out of dozens and dozens of providers can become a difficult journey. Not only that, some out there on the web are hosting resellers which could mean less quality and higher prices.
Moreover, one can not just consider cheap pricing and popularity factors for selecting a WordPress hosting provider. It’s vital not to overlook other services and features such as cloud-based servers, isolated software containers (100% private – not shared), CDN (content delivery network), and other advanced services.
Sometimes paying a little extra can give you the vital features and benefits you’ll need in this modern high-tech world.
Nevertheless, we have come up with a list of the top 10 WordPress hosting companies to make your search a little bit easier. We have highlighted their best features in our review, and you can go through the details and decide on the perfect partner for you – without putting much effort into your search.
Let’s get started!
What Is A WordPress Hosting Provider?
This is a hosting provider that not only provides general web hosting services but also focuses specifically on hosting websites that are built on the popular CMS (content management system), called WordPress.
Website developers, designers, small business owners, non-profits, and individuals often search for a list of high-quality hosting solutions, with simple and easy-to-understand details. That’s one reason we have created this efficient comparison of the top WordPress hosting companies that serve clients worldwide.
Why Are These The Best For Hosting WordPress Websites?
There are several factors to consider, and the decision should not be solely based on price. Cheap prices may reflect cheap service, features, and benefits. So, compare apples to apples and always look for the overall best for your situation.
With this in mind, we are confident that you can’t go wrong with any of the 10 WordPress hosting organizations we have listed below. They are all proven and reputable, but their features and benefits are somewhat different and worth learning more about.
Here’s a list of several important questions to ask before deciding if one of these hosting providers is the best for you. As always, doing proper due diligence will help save you time, money, and headaches down the road.
1 [ ] Reviews: What are their reviews like?
2 [ ] Experience: Do they have time-tested experience in WordPress hosting?
3 [ ] Reputation: What companies host their sites with them? Any fortune 500 companies?
4 [ ] Servers: Will they provide isolated containers with servers like the Google Cloud Platform?
5 [ ] Security: Do they back up your site? Do they have top encrypted security, 2FA plus firewalls?
6 [ ] Support: Can they offer knowledgable (WordPress-specific) support, 24/7/365?
Short on time and just want to know our top 3 providers?
Editors Pick – Top 3 Providers
If you’re in a hurry, here are the Top 3 WP hosting providers we’ve chosen. Just like you, we had questions and wanted some answers. We got our answers to the 7 important questions below and are happy to say that these top 3 came in with the most satisfactory answers.
However, we are somewhat biased towards Kinsta because this site and our sister site, Line25.com, are both hosted by the amazing provider – Kinsta.
We could not be more happy and satisfied with Kinsta WordPress Hosting!
For your convenience, we prepared a more detailed Kinsta WordPress hosting review here, which provides a little more understanding of why we have placed our trust in Kinsta.
List Of 10 Best WordPress Hosting Providers For 2022
With no further delays, here’s the list of hosting companies that specialize in WordPress hosting. Take a moment to compare and please comment below with any questions.
Founded in 2013, Kinsta has emerged as one of the best and most reliable WordPress hosting providers, serving thousands of clients from 128 countries. They have 29 data centers with native-speaking support in 5 languages. Moreover, thousands of reputable companies like GE, Intuit, Tripadvisor, and more have switched to Kinsta for better and faster WordPress hosting services.
Powered by the Google Cloud Platform and the following features are what make Kinsta at the top of our list:
- Lightning-fast website loading with advanced software technologies and compute-optimized virtual machines.
- Google C2 machines – these are high-end CPUs providing global availability with clients claiming performance gains from 30% and up to 200%.
- Isolated software containers – this means your site is 100% private and not shared like other hosting services.
- Kinsta provides built-in application performance monitoring to identify the speed and performance of your site.
- Their CDN provider, Cloudflare, has a network in more than 100 countries and about 200 cities. You can any from their 29 data centers worldwide without paying an extra amount in your Kinsta plan.
- They offer a free staging environment to test your themes, plugins, and more first before going live.
- Kinsta provides DDos and firewall protection for your site security.
- You’ll have access to state-of-the-art technology and the most current PHP versions like 8.0.
- All Kinsta hosted sites fully support HTTP/3.
- WordPress experts of Kinsta provide 24/7 support by instant chat, in English, Spanish, French, Italian, and Portuguese.
- It is effortless to manage your WordPress site with simple-to-use tools from the MyKinsta dashboard.
- Kinsta provides free site migrations and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- For developers, they provide a local host application called DevKinsta.
Kinsta’s plans come with benefits including, free SSL, CDN, staging, backup retentions, PHP 8.0 support, Cloudflare enterprise, and many more good features.
- Starter: $30.00 / month (1 WordPress install, 10 GB disk space, 25,000 visits)
- Business plans from: $100.00 / month (5 WordPress installs, 30 GB disk space, 100,000 visits)
- Agency plans from: $300.00 / month (20 WordPress install, 50 GB disk space, 400,000 visits)
- Enterprise plans from: $600.00 / month (60 WordPress install, 100 GB disk space, 1000,000 visits)
- There are also custom plans available
DreamHost is considered another one of our top WP hosting providers and, along with Bluehost, they are recommended by WorPress.org. Founded in 1997, DreamHost has 400,000 customers in more than 100 countries and hosts over 1.5 million websites. Moreover, they have hosted more than 750k WordPress websites.
Cloudways, like so many other WordPress web hosting services, claims to have reliable, lightning-fast hosting solutions that are specifically optimized and designed for the popular CMS platform, WordPress.
Selection criteria for Dreamhost include the following list:
- With DreamHost, you can access multiple beautiful themes and powerful plugins for your site customization.
- They work with WordPress to keep your site safe with frequent automatic updates.
- All their plans include robust features and add-ons, and you will get to see the newest version of WordPress in your DreamHost control panel.
- Unlike others, they provide free privacy protection, free SSL certificate, and free email hosting.
- Their advanced and easy-to-use panel gives everything to power your website in a short time.
- 24/7, 365 days friendly, and pro-level support with email and live chat.
- Your website, database queries, and caching are faster with SSDs.
- They ensure that your site is always online and functioning with a 100% Uptime Guarantee.
- Their basic plan also comes with a free domain and unlimited traffic management.
- The newly added feature gives free automated WordPress migrations and WP website builder.
- Their plan also provides unlimited bandwidth and storage.
- With a powerful one-click installer, even a beginner can create a new website from scratch.
- WordPress Basic: Starts at $1.99 / month (for new sites)
- DreamPress: Starts at $16.95 / month (managed WordPress hosting)
- VPS for WordPress: Starts at $27.50 / month (powers 5 WordPress websites)
With over 20 million customers, GoDaddy is the world’s largest services platform for entrepreneurs. They manage over 82 million customer domain names with more than nine thousand employees. GoDaddy started offering managed WordPress hosting in 2014.
As one of our best-listed WordPress hosting providers, GoDaddy is more commonly known for its domain name services. We thought that our readers should know that GoDaddy did have a security breach back in November of 2021, or as they have indicated, a “security incident” affecting their managed WordPress hosting environment.
They have the power and resources to overcome such events, but nonetheless, we thought it should be mentioned. GoDaddy is still considered very reputable and makes our list of top WP hosting providers.
Numerous benefits are associated with GoDaddy’s WordPress hosting plans, including:
- GoDaddy uses CDN Boost, and thus website loading is up to 50% faster.
- They use the latest PHP 7 and give SFTP access to all plans except the basic plan.
- Their one-click migration tool makes the migration process hassle-free and user-friendly.
- You can access thousands of free pre-built, customizable themes with an easy-to-use drag-and-drop editor and plugins for your WordPress website on Godaddy.
- GoDaddy provides automatic daily malware scans in all their plans. Moreover, they give website backup protection with single-click restore.
- Their SEO optimization and higher traffic management services are considered as best in the market.
- Economy: $8.99 / month (1 Website, 25 GB storage)
- Deluxe: $11.99 / month (10 Websites, 50 GB storage)
- Ultimate: $16.99 / month (25 Websites, 100 GB storage)
- Maximum: $24.99 / month (50 Websites, 200 GB storage)
Bluehost has been an officially recommended WordPress hosting company since 2005. Bluehost was founded in 2003, and they power more than 2M websites worldwide with more than 750 employees. Their plans are comparatively cheaper than other providers, and they give excellent favors.
Let us go through some reasons Bluehost might be the best choice for your WordPress site:
- Bluehost provides automatic WordPress installation and even takes care of new updates.
- Assures Secure setup of login credentials from the WordPress to your choice.
- You can get a free domain with a new account for one year.
- Bluehost provides fully customizable themes and easy-to-install plugins to control your site’s appearance and functionality.
- Bluehost provides their customers a free domain name with their packages with options of .com, .org, .blog, .net, and more.
- You can also take advantage of features such as Quickstart AI-powered templates, automatic site optimization, mobile responsive themes, and Drag and Drop builder tools.
- Bluehost takes high visitor traffic sufficiently, and you get multi-tiered security and backup options.
- You can control your SEO, social media, and traffic from a single dashboard.
- You get 24/7 live support from experienced professionals.
- Basic: $2.95 / month (50 GB storage, unmetered bandwidth)
- Plus: $5.45 / month (Unmetered storage and bandwidth)
- Choice Plus: $5.45 / month (Unmetered storage and bandwidth, including backup)
- Pro: $13.95 / month (Optimized CPU performance, unmetered storage, bandwidth)
Founded in 2002, HostGator has become a popular name in the web hosting industry. If you’re doing a general web hosting price comparison, Hostgator will always be one of the cheapest. Some may not realize that they are a big player in hosting services.
Hostgator hosts over 2 million websites worldwide and claims that 30% of its customers are Web Pros. They put a lot of resources into advertising and have become a household name in some respects like the popular all-in-one, hosting plus website builder, Wix.com.
Below are the features Hostgator provides that can help to make your site run more efficient:
- HostGator gives a simplified control panel with which you can set up auto-backups, access 1-click restores, and do loads of other account management things with ease.
- Their hosting plans come with daily backups and site security.
- If their services are not satisfactory, they give hosting fees a 45-day money-back guarantee.
- They assure 99.9% uptime and assurance of fast loading of your website.
- Their Web pros help you to manage free migration.
- You can get a free domain for 12 months, free email, and unmetered bandwidth.
- 24/7/365 support through call, live chat, email, and tweet options.
- 100s of WordPress themes are available for your selection.
- Starter Plan: $5.95 / month (1 site, unmetered bandwidth, 100k visits)
- Standard Plan: $7.95 / month (2 sites, unmetered bandwidth, 200k visits)
- Business Plan: $9.95 / month (3 sites, unmetered bandwidth, 500k visits)
Hostinger was founded in 2011 and increased with over 29 million users and around 1000 employees. Hostinger understands that building modern websites requires a stable, secure, and optimized WordPress hosting environment.
Hostinger is rated 4.9 out of 5 stars, based on 14,091+ Google reviews, and is a worthy competitor amongst the best WordPress hosting providers available today!
Hostinger provides very affordably starting plans along with exciting features as mentioned below:
- You can move your WordPress website to your Hostinger account with their easy-to-use migration tool.
- Hostinger is feature-rich and gives 99.99% guaranteed uptime.
- Hostinger WordPress hosting plans are intuitive and very easy to use.
- They provide Cloudflare’s protection and LiteSpeeds’s cache engine for your site’s security.
- You can get access to customizable themes and a wide array of plugins.
- You get free email, Google Ads credit, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited databases, SSH access, daily backups, and a free domain with all plans except for the basic plan.
- WordPress professionals of Hostinger work 24/7/365 and are always eager to help.
- They provide advanced staging tools and single-click WordPress install to ensure maximum website performance.
- All plans include a powerful control panel, email access, DNS management, multiple PHP versions, and cache manager.
- Single WordPress: $1.99 / month (1 website, 30 GB storage, 10,000 visits)
- WordPress Starter: $3.99 / month (100 websites, 100 GB storage, 25,000 visits)
- Business WordPress: $6.99 / month (100 websites, 200 GB storage, 100,000 visits)
- WordPress Pro: $11.59 / month (300 websites, 200 GB storage, 200,000 visits)
Lucky #7 on our list is Cloudways which has been serving the WordPress Community Since 2011 and hosts over 600,000 WordPress sites.
Cloudways has more than 120,000 servers and a 72 Net Promotor Score (NPS). They have expertise in cloud-based WordPress hosting and their managed WordPress hosting is trusted by over 250,000 SMBs, agencies, and individuals.
Here are the premium WordPress hosting services offered by Cloudways:
- On Cloudways, you can choose your dedicated WordPress hosting from the top IaaS providers such as DigitalOcean, AWS, Google Cloud, Vultr, and Linode.
- Their self-healing servers record 99% Uptime of websites through their 60+ data centers worldwide.
- They have custom features for increased WordPress website speed, including SSD hosting and a built-in cache mechanism with Varnish, Memcached, and Redis.
- Cloudways CDN helps to improve response times, and their breeze plugin comes with pre-installed WordPress websites.
- You’ll get have the advantage of an optimized stack with Apache and NGINX web servers for better performance.
- They have the best self-healing servers, and they record 99 % Uptime of websites through their 60+ data centers spread across the globe.
- You get SSH, SFTP access, staging environment, and HTTP/2 enabled servers with all their plans.
- Cloudways have an automated backup system plan and auto-healing options for all critical data websites.
- Dedicated firewalls and regular security patching gives extra security assurance to your websites.
- They provide adequate 24x7x365 support 24/7 real-time monitoring of all their servers and websites.
- With their hosting plans, you get free migrations and unlimited application installations.
- You can try Cloudways for free with their 3-day trial period.
- Plan 1: $10.00 / month (1 GB RAM, 25 GB storage, 1 TB bandwidth, 1 core processor)
- Plan 2: $22.00 / month (2 GB RAM, 50 GB storage, 2 TB bandwidth, 1 core processor)
- Plan 3: $42.00 / month (4 GB RAM, 80 GB storage, 4 TB bandwidth, 2 core processor)
- Plan 4: $80.00 / month (8 GB RAM, 160 GB storage, 5 TB bandwidth, 4 core processor)
- Additional multiple plans up to $1035 / month.
Founded in 2016, Elementor has quickly established its position in the market within a short span and earned popularity as one of the top cloud-based WordPress hosting providers. Commonly known to have one of the best page builders for WordPress, Elementor ventured into web hosting services in recent years and now powers millions of WP websites.
Elementor has been entrusted with over 10 million WordPress sites. They have developed plugins that are in the top 5 WordPress plugins available and they have over 5000+ 5-star reviews listed on WordPress.org.
Important Note: To be fair, when looking over reviews, it’s probably best to see the massive 5000+ reviews shown directly at WordPress.org instead of the very small amount of reviews (only 227) over at Trustpilot.com.
The top features of Elementor WordPress hosting are listed below:
- Elementor is an all-in-one platform with the benefit of having hundreds of plugins in one place. Not having to install multiple plugins will help to optimize your website loading speed.
- Some of their themes are considered to be very SEO optimized and fast loading.
- They offer over 90 widgets and over 100 designer-made website kit templates to create your website that can stand apart in the crowd.
- Elementor is in compliance with the WordPress security standards and is considered highly secure and regulated.
- You can use the Elementor platform in your preferred language with over 50 language options.
- It is compatible with popular WordPress plugins such as Wordfence, ACF, Woocommerce, Smush, Yoast, and more.
- They have advanced CCS and custom code, and they use Cloudflare CDN that enhances the user experience.
- Elementor gives daily backups, SSL certification, a pre-installed WordPress site, and 24/7 live chat support.
- They give a 30-day money-back guarantee on all plans.
- Entire Website Creation & Web Hosting Service: $89.00/Year/Website
Ionos, formerly known as 1&1, is one of the broad, internationally reaching WordPress hosting providers with over 25 years of experience in the web hosting industry. Based in Germany, they have helped create over one million WordPress websites.
Why choose Ionos as your WordPress hosting provider:
- Ionos presents unlimited flexibility for your WordPress website with 5000+ themes, 58,000+ plugins, and full customization with Gutenberg editor.
- You can take help from their WordPress setup assistant, and with one-click WordPress, your installation can become straightforward.
- Ionos offer free managed WordPress hosting for one website and a free domain for one year. You can cancel anytime in the first 30 days for a full refund on the Ionos plan.
- They use MariaDB databases on SSD, domain-matching email accounts, Wildcard SSL, and CDN, making website loading super-fast.
- Essential: $3.00 / month (1 WordPress website, 25 GB storage, 2 MariaDB databases)
- Business: $0.50 / month (1 WordPress website, 100 GB storage, 10 MariaDB databases)
- Unlimited: $8.00 / month (Unlimited websites, storage, and MariaDB databases)
10. WP Engine
WP Engine powers 1.5 million WordPress websites in 150 countries, and it is a leading digital experience platform. WP engine has a team of experts who give award-winning 24/7/365 contact support.
They are #10 on our list of top hosting providers for the WordPress platform and they are a quality provider that deserves to be recognized and considered.
Some top features of WP Engine managed WordPress hosting are as follows:
- WP Engine provides effortless site management with daily backups, one-click staging, and a premium set of themes.
- They are the only service provider out of our top list that gives a 60-day money-back guarantee.
- They are one of the fastest hosting platforms for WordPress, and they have a WP engine speed tool to get custom insights to increase site speed.
- You can run your site with security as it is backed by free SSL, managed WordPress and plugin updates, and platform-level protection. They claim that their security solutions block 71M+ attacks each day.
- With an integrated WooCommerce platform, you can build a better WordPress eCommerce store.
- Their hosting plan includes proactive threat blocking, security, maximized speed, performance, SEO, automated WordPress, and PHP updates.
- Startup: $27.00 / month (1 website, 25k visitors, 10 GB storage)
- Professional: $68 / month (3 websites, 75k visitors, 15 GB storage)
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are these providers based in the US?
Not All – But if your concern is a lack of service due to being headquartered outside of your continent, these top WordPress hosting companies can effectively handle customer service issues and management of your site remotely by having data centers throughout the world to host your site closest to your customer base.
2. Is going with the cheapest WordPress host the best choice?
Not Usually – It’s easy to just pick the cheapest option, but as mentioned, you really get what you pay for and cheap is cheap for a reason. Keep in mind that once you start adding on to the base price, in the end, you may be spending $20 to $50 a month. With this “upsell” and “add-on” pricing structure there’s the possibility of getting actually fewer features, but paying more than what you really need. Plus, you’ll probably get a lot of promotional emails wanting you to upgrade.
3. Regarding features, are starter plans better than premium plans?
Yes, and No – Once you figure out which one of these WP hosting companies you want to go with, see if there’s an “all-inclusive” plan which may cost a little more to start with but may not be a better deal overall.
Also, you want a host that will grow with you, allowing your traffic, bandwidth, and storage to be adjusted for reasonable small price increases instead of paying a lot upfront. For example, we have 2 WordPress sites hosted with Kinsta and we did not need to buy another package for website number 2 since we’re only charged $1 per 1000 more visitors per month. We got the base package to start which comes with more than enough features and benefits.
4. Do enterprise clients and small businesses get the same features?
Yes and No – Some of the providers we have listed here will give all their clients the same security, servers, support, and technical features no matter the size of the client. All hosting providers charge for additional space and storage if it’s needed. That’s why it’s important to compare.
Thank you for choosing WebDesignDev.com to research your WordPress hosting options. Because of this, you are now in a position to take your WordPress website performance to another level.
Remember, each host listed has its forte, where you can piece together your favorite options and features. Moreover, it’s important to keep in mind that these hosting companies are solid, secure, proven, reputable, and have everything for both pros and beginners, no matter what level you are at.